NU PRE-MED AMSA
- Northeastern University Pre-medical Advising
Compared to NU Pre-med AMSA's experiential and complementary programming, advising is in charge of the nitty-grittys of the medical school admissions process.
- Join "NU Pre-med AMSA" Facebook group
What student organization is complete without a FB group?
- Boston Health Care for the Homeless (BHCH)
The site for NU Pre-med AMSA's ongoing volunteer project.
- NU's Center for Community Service
Don't under-estimate the resources this department has to offer pre-meds (see their resource guides below).
- Hospitals Resource Guide
- Health and AIDS Awareness Resource Guide
- AMSA homepage
Use the "Site Map" link in the top right-hand corner if you get lost.
- AMSA's national benefits
Little-known fact: only student-requested benefits are offered--this is not an obnoxious solicitation tool.
Kaplan discount offered to pre-med national members!
- Action Committees
Get involved in YOUR health care interests, and remember: health care is more than just school and hospitals.
- Project Directory
If you are considering a sub-committee project, start here! This could save you lots of searching energy.
- Student Well-being
Truly as all-inclusive as mental sanity on a website can get.
- International Federation of Medical Students' Associations (IFMSA)
AMSA's international affiliate has many affordable international health care experiences.
- AAMC: The Association of American Medical Colleges
THE unbiased MCAT, financial aid and medical school requirements information source.
- NUCALLS peer-taught language classes
- idealist.org is another great source for local pre-med opportunities
- ...and another great site for pre-med opportunities is volunteermatch.org
- Pre-med AND dental global health scholarships
GENERAL HEALTH CARE
- Physicians for Human Rights (PHR)
Save the world!--one event at a time, of course.
- Partners in Health
A very famous, very local international health organization.
- Unite for Site online global health course
This is free, do-it-yourself insight into public health.
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement
A great way for premeds to find projects to advocate for their patients starting NOW.